5/5/14 Fishing Report 5/5/14 Fishing Report 5/5/14 Fishing Report 5/5/14 Fishing Report
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 5/5/14 Fishing Report

After many days of blowing winds, cooler temps, and big waves, we were able to get back on the water today. Yay!

The forecast was for winds from the east, that were supposed to be less than 10mph. But, after getting up to the north side of North Bass Island, it picked up over 10mph....waves were 1-3' with an occasional 4 thrown in.

We made one pass up there and boated 4 out of 8 fish. All of them were just nice "eaters" around 3-4 pounds.

Since my crew were not seasoned anglers and their sea legs were not working very well yet, I decided to move down between Rattlesnake and Green where Middle Bass Island would block the wind and give us calmer waters. I was hoping one of my favorite trolling spots would be full of fish about now, but that wasn't the case. We hardly marked any fish inside the "triangle", but we did pick up one nice eater.
    As we trolled out to the west of Rattle and Green we started marking more, but I had already told them that we would be moving, so we did.

We moved over to the SW corner of South Bass Island, near the ferry dock, and turned the boat to head NW towards the SW corner of Green. We started marking a lot more fish in there, and the marks were a lot bigger too.

We picked up 5 more fish there, and the biggest was a nice 8 1/2 pound walleye.

All in all we boated 10 of the 18 fish we had on today, so everyone was happy happy happy.

Two fish were caught on the Purple Glass Husky 47 back, and the biggest fish was caught on the Black/Gold Husky 60 back.

All the other fish hit on crawlers with 1oz inline weights set 40 back and #2 Tadpoles 25 & 27 back (more fish on Tadpoles than inlines)... Blades with chartreuse undersides were best today.

Speed was between 1.1 and 1.3 mph
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Post Thanks / Like

i too seem to have better luck with the tadpoles than the in line weights, they also work great with a mepps aglia #3 and a 2" stinger hook
    thanks for the update Capn'.......

Post Thanks / Like

Great report capt juls!!!! My dad is out there now and they have been doing very good on worm harnesses....they landed 18 today!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rudy4eyes View Post
    Great report capt juls!!!! My dad is out there now and they have been doing very good on worm harnesses....they landed 18 today!
    Nice! The ones we did land were barely hooked.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters