all taxi service is cancel for season all taxi service is cancel for season all taxi service is cancel for season all taxi service is cancel for season
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile all taxi service is cancel for season

Capt mike has cancel all taxi service for rest of season, ice has gone bad in last few hours 2 to 6 inches of water on the ice cracks opening up ice is shaky. Thanks for the great season, see you at our new home channel Grove in may, Capt mike reel sport team 419 265 2736

Post Thanks / Like

That sucks. Wanted 1 more trip. Want to say thanks to Capt. Mike for last weekend for letting me follow him out to kinda get a feel for Erie ice fishing for the 1st time. Also getting my 1st eyes thru ice. I'm hooked, but still got a lot of learning to do !

Post Thanks / Like

Default no Offense

but who didnt plan on there being a ton of water on the ice with the warm up today ? That alone does not make the ice bad . As far as the cracks , nothing major out there at all in that form . Its late ice and you will have the cracks opening a little .

Was out today and will say it is no more dangerous now then it was this morning . The only thing that changed is the water on the ice that was there a few days ago but froze up Wed. night is back .

With the conflicting reports between your 2 newest post here , I for one would never put my life in your or your sons hands for a trip . The two extreme reports in my opinion say enough about your guys judgement on Lake Erie ice .

Dale

Post Thanks / Like

Default ice gone bad

Quote Originally Posted by wayne johnson View Post
    Capt mike has cancel all taxi service for rest of season, ice has gone bad in last few hours 2 to 6 inches of water on the ice cracks opening up ice is shaky. Thanks for the great season, see you at our new home channel Grove in may, Capt mike reel sport team 419 265 2736
    16-20" of ice went bad in a few hours?????? It was either bad or at least "iffy" before, and you didn't tell people ,over making a buck?????.....or you are a shyster.......I'll bet on shyster!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile ice condittions

We make the desion to cancel in the best intrest of our clients,
    we are a license and insured guide service, and you can ask any of the over 100 people who have call or have fish with us the last few weeks safety is number one or any of the pros who have come down from minesota, wis, and calif. to fish with us if they have any problems with us , I wish all that venture out over weekend the best of luck and be safe. Our hot spot for last two weeks is on top of G can if any one wants this hot spot. Its your personal choice
    if you go out or not, we are just warning everyone.
    Last edited by wayne johnson; 03-14-2014 at 10:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Licensed ??

50.00 to The DNR and anyone can be a licensed ice guide . No testing or anything needed for that .

To start the season , you were looking for a guide to take you out and now you are a guide ?? Thats funny . With the great ice it was a no brainer to get out there safe . Having a quad and a trailer but no experiance on the ice will lead to trouble sooner or later .

Dale

Post Thanks / Like

Default to lake erie person

Whats wrong with fishing with other guides with and airboat, its nice to try something different once and a while, everyone can do want they want, we just finsh our service, and yes we are license winter and summer capt. and licensed first mate, .and we run only sleds not quads, as for being on the ice I have been on the lake ice for over 40 years my son over 20 years.
    Last edited by wayne johnson; 03-14-2014 at 10:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike posted on Facebook earlier today that it was 33" and 15.5 pounds....which is it?
    Last edited by Capt Juls; 03-15-2014 at 03:28 PM.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Juls View Post
    Not true. You need to have a Merchant Mariner's Lic. in order to be a guide on navigable waters.
    There is a lot to learn, and be tested on, to get your Captain's License.

But, you're right. That guide license is only 50.00. The Merchant Mariner's lic is 600.00+.
    Not sure about this but if you are not running any type of water craft then all that is required on the Ohio waters of lake Erie would be a quides license for ice fishing unless you are running an air boat which would require a USCG License to operate a vessel for hire. At least that is my understanding of the laws governing ice guides with no water craft involved and soft water and hardwater vessels for hire.
    Last edited by wakina; 03-15-2014 at 03:39 PM.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

Default correct wiegh

capt mike is so excited he hasn't selpt in 24 hrs, offiicial wiegh
    on cerft. scale 14 .6 oz, he was hoping for state record,