Went out of Crane Creek Sat night and Sun morning. The majority are fishing out around 5 miles ( a little further this morning). Plenty of snow out there, but they had a good trail this morning. A drift about 1/4 mile out was the worst spot. The crack that is running east and west at about 5 miles out has some shove ice that makes you have to look for the right spot to cross. Helped push several quads, but they were all pulling heavy trailers.

I heard numerous reports of great fishing Sat morning. Got out about 3:30 and most I talked to said it slowed way down with most having one or two fish. Didn't mark a fish near the pack so we moved about a mile east to try to find some fish. Marked a lot of fish immediately but spent 15 mins throwing spoons, buckshots and pimples at them with no takers. Switched to a Rapala and it got a lot better. We landed 13 and lost a dozen in about an 1.5 hrs. They were very picky about how you worked the bait. Would only strike when you slowly lifted it 12"s and then slowly set it back on the bottom. Also only wanted chrome/blue or firetiger.

Got back out to same spot around 9 am this morning. Still marked fish, but not as many. Managed to land a few and lost 10. We were using small Rapalas with small trebles. I think we would have landed more if I had changed those trebles. Could only fish til shortly after noon, but the last 15 mins was picking up. We were marking fish regularly, landed one and lost 5.