Floating Hazards Floating Hazards Floating Hazards Floating Hazards
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Gunboat Guest

Default Floating Hazards

I have a quick question, we were out on Tuesday and there was a log about the size of a telephone pole floating just under the water. The log floated between the boat and our big port-side board. As it turned out it didn't screw up anything.

We talked about marking, putting a rope on it and tossing out an anchor (calling the coast guard with GPS #S) or tying it to Sputnik (I was told this was illegal) or just doing notta like we always do. Well we did notta, we were killing the eyes.

My question is what is the best thing to do.

Post Thanks / Like

I experienced that once and hailed the US Coast Guard and they had me go to another channel. The Coast Guard had the Harbor police tow it in. It was in the mouth of the Portage River.

DEAD MINNOWS Guest

Default ????

That is my biggest fear hitting one of them .My 16 footer will go airborn.Last year I seen a boat with aboom on it lifting logs out of the mouth of the river .

Gunboat Guest

Dead Minnows I know what ya mean. I have hit **** out there B 4. I was on the Detroit River on plane and ran something over, it sounded like a shotgun blast and the boat started shaking pretty bad. I screwed up a nice stainless steel prop that set me back $175 bucks at the repair shop. (not too bad could have been big $$$'s)

Spoontang thanks for looking out for your fellow boaters out there and being a true SPORTSMAN.

Gunboat Crew, and I know your reading this please re-read Spoontangs response again.......