Started NW of West Sister about 9:30. Nice size but no quantity. 7 fish in an hour. Moved out further and to maybe 3 mile NE W. Sister. Beautiful clean water there. Exchanged size for better quantity (not much) but smaller fish. Not good. Quit at 4:00 with only 40 fish for 3 guys. Didn't weigh...kept 8" and up.

The predicted "light and variable winds and 1-2 footers were actually 2-3 most of day, and around 3 the east wind kicked up wicked. When we quit at 4 it was starting to roll some 3-4 footers and from the island in was one angry frothing sea of whitecaps! Wouldn't have headed out in anything that bad!

Algae report - terrible! You have to run clear to West Sister to find any clean water. Everything inside is stained an Army green - mix of stirred up sediment and heavy algae - and mostly unfishable. On way out, when we ran out of the algae , I actually felt my boat surge! Had heard that but didn't believe it till I experienced it!

Very few boats - a dozen north of the island in the morning - by noon you could count number left on one hand. Did not hear any good reports on radio. Beautiful blue sky and great company, so guess it still beat working....