Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aug 16 and 17

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Aug 16 and 17

Wanna perch Friday and walleye on sat. Got a friend driving down from northern Wisconsin I don't want to disappoint him please help. Thanks guys. -Dave

Thinking g can and ballast for perch on Friday?
    It's All About the Journey NOT the Destination!!!

"I FIND THE FISH I ALWAYS FIND THE FISH"!!!

1994 Sportcraft Hard top 250 Fisherman

Post Thanks / Like

I know some nice perch were caught and the headboats were near the dumping grounnds off cedar point last wknd. Who knows after this last blow though. not really sure about walleye, I think there are some out by West Sister and that area, smaller fish but limits or near limits.

Post Thanks / Like

Perch are still going strong east of bumping grounds off cedar point. Nice size also. Lots 9"-12" perch there. Look for pack of boats.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SPOONFEEDER View Post
    Perch are still going strong east of bumping grounds off cedar point. Nice size also. Lots 9"-12" perch there. Look for pack of boats.
    Ok that sounds pretty good! Channel 79

Post Thanks / Like

Default took

Quote Originally Posted by BLACK PEARL View Post
    Ok that sounds pretty good! Channel 79

a 30 fish count at Pt Pelee yesterday, darn fish would not turn on until noon, hard fishing looking at a stacked graph of non active fish for so long during the morning, that's the nature of the bite I guess.

but... when they turned on it was bedlam.

Post Thanks / Like

Default perch on thursday

yesterday we went perching left dock at 630 meinke west back at 1.00 4 guys 120 nice perch. started at intake fished till 10 there moved 3 times had 20 fish lake was calm so we picked up and moved to turn around and the bite was not fast and furious but steady lots of white bass doubles of big bass some huge sheapheads fun on 6 pound test. ended up with limit by 12.30 8-12 inches 34 pounds at cleaners the best bite was with the shinners cut in half. fresh fish tonight from the lake to the plate. going Saturday will report then have a good day weather looks great for the next week so fill the coolers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dumping grounds?

Was at Cedar Point this weekend with the family and saw you perchers from the top of the Mellinium Force roller coaster! It looked really choppy Saturday but looks like it laid down pretty good today.

I have a question.....what is meant by the dumping grounds and how do you know exactly where it is? Do they actually dump waste out there? I've always wondered about this and can't seem to get a straight answer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eyezcrazy View Post

I have a question.....what is meant by the dumping grounds and how do you know exactly where it is? Do they actually dump waste out there? I've always wondered about this and can't seem to get a straight answer.
    Dumping grounds is were cedar point dumps their concrete, Man made reef out there! Click on link below then click on map move map around till you find cedar point then look straight out on lake and you'll see dumping grounds clearly marked hope this helps! -Dave

http://www.charts.noaa.gov/OnLineViewer/14830.shtml

Post Thanks / Like

Picked up 35 Perch and well over 50 trashy fish omg this sucked today!
    Lobster bisque peel and eat shrimp and Lobster sandwich kicked A$$! LOL at The Boardwalk Put-in-bay! and sooo did all the hotties at the pool bars!
    -Dave

See you next weekend and remember I always announce my name when arriving on the water Channel 79 peeps!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BLACK PEARL View Post
    Picked up 35 Perch and well over 50 trashy fish omg this sucked today!
    Lobster bisque peel and eat shrimp and Lobster sandwich kicked A$$! LOL at The Boardwalk Put-in-bay! and sooo did all the hotties at the pool bars!
    -Dave

See you next weekend and remember I always announce my name when arriving on the water Channel 79 peeps!
    A good day fishing... errrr... a good day is a good day!

Shooting for this Friday as long as the weather is good.

Looking forward to the mid-week reports until then.
    21ft Red Mirrocraft Open Bow w/ gray Evinrude 120 OB. Nicknamed "Sunny Daze".

Channel 79, hit me up. Can be caught perch'n or drift'n around the islands when I make it out.