Depth finder advise Depth finder advise Depth finder advise Depth finder advise
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm with Wes on the Airmar. I mounted a through the hull Airmar B60 and can mark fish on plane. I haven't used a Furuno but have heard good things from quite a few people. Sorry I can't ever remember all the cone angle jazz with 55 and 200 but I'm sure somebody on here can tell you.

Greg

Post Thanks / Like

Are most of these transducers interchangeable ? I'd love to upgrade to be able to see better above 15mph.
    Rookie Perch fisher, veteran Perch eater.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to all with the feed back as I am looking to up grade I am not completely sold on lowrance so I will definetly check out the other brands

Post Thanks / Like

I think Airmar makes a transducer for just about any make of fish finder. From what I understand it's more about placement. You can take an 800 dollar transducer and put it in an area that has disturbed water running over it at high speed and you' re still not going to get the picture you're after.

Post Thanks / Like

The more I read on this stuff the more confused I get.
    I just wish I had ReelTime money so I could buy one of each and return the ones I didn't like. lol

Post Thanks / Like

I have a lowrance HDS 5 with an Airmar B60 thru hull transducer as a fish finding unit and an older Lowrance LMS-332c as my chart plotter with the great lakes chip. I absolutely love my set up. The only issue with Lowrance products is that if you dump 1500 dollars into say an HDS-10 unit and after two years it goes bad, you’re up S%^$ creek without a paddle as they will not repair/replace their product after the 2 year window. You can send your broken unit in as a small rebate towards the purchase of a new/reconditioned unit. -Something to think about...

ReelTime is correct about the transducer. If I’m not mistaking, the B60 is 50 times more sensitive than the transducer you receive standard with your Lowrance unit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoss928 View Post
    The more I read on this stuff the more confused I get.
    I just wish I had ReelTime money so I could buy one of each and return the ones I didn't like. lol
    If you had my money you'd be broke!
    "ReelTime"
    Kencraft Challenger 215

Post Thanks / Like

Seriously, if you are running the crappy transducer that came with your unit you are missing out. Airmar makes ducers compatable with all sonars makes. They offer thru hull, shoot thru, and transom mount models. My P66 transom mount does a great job and it's not even their best offering. What I like about the P66 is that it has a 45 degree beam at 50 Khz.

If you really want good info. on these transducers or any other sonar related questions, you need to give this guy a call. He is a sonar guru and can explain it all to you in understandable terms. He will bend over backwards to help.

Gil Travis
    (800) 925-0341
    "ReelTime"
    Kencraft Challenger 215

Post Thanks / Like

The Elite 5 DSI unit I have is limited with transducers. I just got a message back from Lowrance to confirm the one in the box is the only one that will work. They wouldn't let me know the cone angle so I suspect it is very narrow.
    The things I've been reading about these Furunos the big money guys(ReelTime) have, the more wisely I think I could have spent my money.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Humminbird 598CI HDSI COMBO that I bought just this spring that I am selling. Includes a RAM mount with rail attachment. I am selling because I am buying a boat that is fully rigged out, and there won't be enough room for this unit also.

Paid $700, open to offers.