First, I would like to say hello to everyone here. I have been following this board for a couple of months as a guest and I will say it is the only one I have saved to my favorites on my computer(even at work). You all are great, it is wonderful seeing how you all work together as a team and are willing to share info so easily. That is why I joined.

So now, like many others here have done, I am asking for your professional recommendations. I am planning a trip to the big lake Aug 8-12 with my wife and young son. I have only been on the lake once ever several years ago on a charter. We have a 17 1/2' Alumacraft Navigator Sport with a 115 and a 9.9 kicker. I am a bit concerned about it being too small but have been on other large inland waters for years, just not the great lakes. What wind directions are best for the lake and our boat size for venturing out to where everyone is catching the walleye? Do you advise us to go that far out or stay closer in? For help, if needed, do most of you run on ch 79? I have been watching the reports and followed what is working for spoons/harnesses. Will these same presentations be working in August? What is the general migrational pattern for the walleye on Erie?

Any help from any of you would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!