watch the weather this week watch the weather this week watch the weather this week watch the weather this week
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Storms

We were sittin around the marina, seen the radar, And my friend goes "it ain't gonna rain" Jumps in his boat and takes off....WTF... Not really a great choice but he did make it back... I don't recommend this at all!
    LOWE LIFE

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sunday Morning

Headed due north out of Turtle Creek a little after six Sunday morning, probally got a mile north of A-can and saw a couple boats close together at first I thought they got their boards tangled but realized they were helping someone who was in the water. I think it was the person who's boat capsized that was in the news. Anyway
    thank God for those guys who helped him. They are hero's. If you would have seen that you would never go out when weather is threatening.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytman86 View Post
    We got in about an hour before the storm hit. I had to cut off my radio chat with Black Pearl because a board go nailed, and within 15 minutes we were heading back in with the last 5 we needed! Whoever said on the radio to run 3 ounces 43 back, I owe you a beer because you got us off the water before the storm.

Was anyone out yesterday? 16 was busy with reports of a capsized boat and we watched the Coast Guard chopper fly around for hours, as well as a few Coast Guard boats moving around. I haven't heard of any more about what happened since we had to head to town around Noon.
    We rapped up quickly to Hoytman!
    It's All About the Journey NOT the Destination!!!

"I FIND THE FISH I ALWAYS FIND THE FISH"!!!

1994 Sportcraft Hard top 250 Fisherman

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daddyhags View Post
    Headed due north out of Turtle Creek a little after six Sunday morning, probally got a mile north of A-can and saw a couple boats close together at first I thought they got their boards tangled but realized they were helping someone who was in the water. I think it was the person who's boat capsized that was in the news. Anyway
    thank God for those guys who helped him. They are hero's. If you would have seen that you would never go out when weather is threatening.
    Wow John! A Can is a long way from Bolles Harbor if that is who it was! Thank goodness the water is a little warmer and it isn't spring fishing. Sitting here looking glumly at the forecast.....thundershowers every day for a long ways out so us better safe than sorry types will probably miss some days. But better to have not gone and wished you had, than gone and wish you hadn't! There will always be other days to fish. Only takes one storm to end your fishing for good.

Post Thanks / Like

We were out by the kidney saturday and left at 5:00 just before the storm came in and heard over the radio that there was a capsize and coast guard was searching the area.....wow, it's hard to believe he was not found until the next morning!

We made it to the catawba dock just when it hit! Saw some major panic from some of the boaters trying to get out. One in particular was a yacht that came FLYING through the no wake zone into the channel with no regard to anyone else, guy looked like Rodney Dangerfield in Caddyshack! Unbelievable speed through the channel!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by B can man View Post
    Here is the story on it...

He must have said the right things to the big guy up above.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...ours-Lake-Erie
    No kidding. Not sure how that guy didn't end up hypothermic. I heard the report of a capsized boat, but that story said he was recovered relatively early in the day, why was the CG still searching?

Post Thanks / Like

Default storms..storms ..and more storms!

Unbelievable! I can never get time off from work and I finally get a week off to fish and the weather looks like a chance of storms every day. Wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have the 2 1/2 hour drive each way. I guess I'll keep watching the forecast and head up when I see an opportunity. UGH!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Unbelievable is right

Quote Originally Posted by Eyezcrazy View Post
    Unbelievable! I can never get time off from work and I finally get a week off to fish and the weather looks like a chance of storms every day. Wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have the 2 1/2 hour drive each way. I guess I'll keep watching the forecast and head up when I see an opportunity. UGH!
    You got that right Eyecrazy! Been a lousy year to sync weather and my schedule too. Looked this morning at two different weather services. Forecast from both for next 10 days was 30% or greater thunderstorms every day and most days were in the 40-60% range. (Well, in interest of honesty, one service had one of the 10 days at only 10% chance - whoopee!) Gonna be a pain until this system moves on - especially for those couple hours away. Takes the fun out of it when you have to watch the sky and worry about beating a storm off.... Hope something kicks this weather system out of here soon, but doesn't look good....

Post Thanks / Like

Smile weather wrong again

Well weatherman said it would be a decent day for boating, well meet our crew at dock make it out 1/4 mile out turn right back for dock, 4 to 6 foot waves out of northeast and lake is pure mud today, now its raining to top that off more.
    Reel sport Team

Post Thanks / Like

wayne i decided at 430 am that i was sleeping in today.
    Better luck next time!