My father and I are considering making the 4 hour trip up to Port Clinton this weekend, but looking at the current forecast has me a little weary. Right now the forecast is calling for scattered thunderstorms both Saturday and Sunday, with everything seemingly supposed to clear up Monday. I'd have no problem taking time off to fish next week, I just don't know if that's an option for him.

Given the fact we're probably going to spend nearly $300 just getting to and from PC and staying there, is the fishing right now worth taking a chance that the weather man will be wrong? I've read a few reports that are saying the mayflies are hatching, so should we wait a week and try our hand at another local lake this weekend to save money, or is the fishing simply too good to pass up on right now? If the fish are in close enough to PC that we're able to get off the water fast enough, we'd probably consider it, but we're no stranger to how quickly the storms can roll in up there.

When the weather forecast is calling for scattered thunderstorms, do you all even bother going out at all? Keep in mind we're going to be in a 21.5 foot fish and ski (a little deeper than a bass boat, shallower than a deep -v), which is a bit rougher ride on Erie than the larger boats we usually see up there.

Any advice would be appreciated.