Hi all! I am planning on launching Saturday morning. That said, I am wanting to stop by Bass Pro on the way up and pick up a new Sonar unit/no GPS. I am wanting a new Sonar only unit because I currently run a Northstar M84 Chartplotter/Sonar system w/ a B258 transducer. I like my current unit for navigation but I feel my sonars cone angle is too small to be effective in Western Erie's shallow waters. My sonar screen says I am covering 22'-24' of bottom in 30'-35' of water at 50khz and 7'-8' of bottom at 200khz. That does not seem like enough bottom coverage for me.

I know the easiest/cheapest way to go about this is find a new wider cone transducer, but Northstar compatible stuff is not readily available as Navico has dropped that brand. Plus I want to launch this weekend so that leaves me purchasing a new dedicated sonar unit.

I am leaning towards the Lowrance Elite 7x HDI but can not find any info on its HDI transducer cone angle. Does anyone know this?

I saw a Garmin Echo 550c unit boasted 120 degree cone angle in its Dual Beam transducer but it lacks imaging, which I would think is pretty neat and would like to try out. Any experience out there with this unit?

Another thing. Can I run my Northstar M84 at 200khz and another unit at say 83khz without them interfering with each other. I would like to keep my depth data on my chart while simultaneously looking for fish on my other unit. Any advice here would be greatly appreciated and is much needed. Thanks!!!