Quote Originally Posted by gregnwtf View Post
Ya, I thought of that also. I put foam floats on my net a few years ago. I just never did a float test. There is a brand that has a floating handle, but I am sure it has a high price tag for the option. I put a leash on each of my dipsey rods so they dont end up on the bottom. Lost one a couple years ago that didnt get tied. Use about a 3ft piece of cord and a metal snap clip like used for keys on a belt, then tie off to the side rail. I guess I need to float test my net in a pool. How about spray foam into the handle ?
i think the net you are talking about floating is the ego s2 slider. it doesnt just float but seems to be an awesome net. they came out with a net big enough to land the big walleyes this year. it has a 24x27 net and with the push of a button you can adjust the handle from 29" to 60".

they also make a handle that goes from 48" to 108" but its not recommended for lifting a big fish fully entended. so i contacted them and waved my warrenty to get one with the longer handle. but the 60" handle is long enough for most people. but the handle retracts with the push of a button then just push forward on the back of the handle. so i plan to use mine to net the fish then retract the handle before lifting the fish.

i havent got to use mine on the water yet but it works great here in my bedroom,LOL. i see no reason it wont work on the water. and the rubber on the handle doesnt just make it float but gives you a good grip.

i believe the one with the 29" to 60" handle and the 24x27 net is like 109.00 and 10.00 for shipping. but if you ever plan to use a retractable net i think this is the one to get. i like it much better than the frabill tru trax. but thats just my opinion. you can check them out at egos2slider.com they have many models to choose from. but for eyes on erie i recommend the 24x27 net.
sherman