I know i will need help I know i will need help I know i will need help I know i will need help
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Don't Wait till May

If I was you, I would start gettin ready now. There is a spring jig bite that is unreal. Youhave to travel every bit of a couple miles in a day to get fish, sometimes only a 1/2 mile from your put-in, I use wildwings, go out @ dark thirty and alot of days, be heading back in when the fella's are on the way out. It's an easy catch fishing trip, kinda nice with the price of gas nowadays, helps balance out the season. Keep an eye on this website, you will know when it's time, then just come out the mouth of the channel, look north and join the masses and I mean that litterally. Also, my condolences for your pops, lost mine over 15 yrs ago and never have felt the pain go away. See ya up there, Mike

Post Thanks / Like

When does the spring bite usually get hot. One of the reasons i think dad always waited till may cause the weather is a little more stable. It would suck to drive 5 hours just to not fish lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for your loss. I would take Jim up on his offer as he has helped out many on this site.

If interested we rent our condos at Green Cove Resort which is right next door to Wild Wings Resort. Boats are usually right out front on the reefs in early spring, maybe 1-2 miles out.

http://www.vacationrentals411.com/vacation/23785.html

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you captain walleye for the information. I checked the site and that sounds like a great deal. I will be in contact with you in the upcoming months

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for your loss! Like everyone else has said, just let us know when you want to come up and what type of fishing you want to do and we'll make sure you know what you need and where to go. Take Jim up on his offer, you'll learn a lot in a few hours of evening fishing.

If you're coming clear from Pitt, I'd try to plan at least 3 or 4 days of fishing. The weather does tend to stabilize in May, but you never know when the wind will keep you off. We were pretty fortunate last year and had very few blow days.

To answer your question...the spring bite gets hot as soon as the ice clears off. You can either jig in front of Turtle Creek or you can troll the can lines with 800 Series Reef Runners. Both of those should be on fire by early to mid April, weather depending.

Greg
    Last edited by walleye2go; 02-26-2013 at 07:35 AM.