Maumee River update! Maumee River update! Maumee River update! Maumee River update!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Maumee River update!

Good afternoon Walleye.com readers!

I know many of you are chomping at the bit to get a chance to try your luck in the Maumee so I thought I would update you on what I found today.

I had the chance today to stop by the Maumee River and see how the ice pack was looking. Up around Bluegrass Island, the ice was all but gone. There were still chunks of ice floating on the surface. Maumee bait and tackle had the river temp at 34.4 degrees as of this morning. Still a bit cold to bring the Walleye up the river. Temperatures are forcast to fall below freezing again until the 4th. A warming trend is forecast into the 40's the following week.

It looks like we are looking at around 3 weeks out before the fish start moving in numbers.

Almost there!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default thanks for the look out

Been waiting to here from someone up that way with an eye on the river thanks I think 3 weeks will do it

Post Thanks / Like

Talking River

Fished the dam today...there for 2 hr.not to much going on had some thing snagged..not sure of what....lots of ice above the dam...hard to fish and watch your back..never know when its going to break free....there was 2 other guys there also....never saw a net.....still a little soon...just could not stand it any more......it wont be long now....

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. Maumee tackle has not updated report since 02/14. Been wondering how river was looking. PLease keep the reports coming, its much appreciated. Been pouring inline sinkers in anticipation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Hey Russ where do you fish ?

Just wanting to know where you were fishing I to have a need to get out a little earlier this year also might get the wadders out next week

Post Thanks / Like

schroeder farms in pburg next to buttonwood great place

Post Thanks / Like

Default Have a safe Weekend!

Happy Friday Walleye.com!

With the weekend quickly approaching, more fisherman will be down on the river to try their luck. Please be careful!

The river is still up and it is cold.

With that said, the wind is forecast to be out of the west today at around 8-10 knots. This should allow the water level to continue to drop throughout the day today. Tomorrow the wind is forecast to be out of the Northeast, which should slow the river down a bit. A low pressure system is approaching which may bring a few inches of snow during the day on Saturday.
    40% chance according to accuweather.com and weather.com.

Sunday is forecast to be partly sunny with diminishing NE winds and a high temperature of around 38 degrees.
    The morning temperature will be below freezing at around 25-28 degrees at dawn.

With this information, I would estimate that Sunday evening will be the safest bet for us to be down on the river. Clouds should build throughout the day making for lower light conditions prior to actual sunset. The air temperature will be above freezing so we are not dealing with freezing lines.

Good luck to you all and again, be safe!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Still a skunker

Was down on the river today ..2 friends in tow..moved a few times a few more people on the riv today...all 3 of us came up with ...0 ..can not say we did not try..water is still in the weeds...water is still around 584 and 40 degrees.... So just keep your panties on.....shro. Farm opened to 2 campers in already...only saw 1 fish from some guys in a boat

PICK UP YOUR TRASH

makingpayments ...........russ

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Thanks for the honest report. No prob with 0. Can't wait till we will be fun fishing. How many? 3 for sure but I let the last 10 go. Lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default coming up Sunday

Going out Sunday after my meeting I want to fish the lake any ideas where to start, there will be aprox 3 of us in a 19 footer , the waves look ok and it looks like partly sunny . I have to go to Detroit on Monday and pick up an alignment machine then drive back to Columbus will report Monday what we did .