Maumee River update! Maumee River update! Maumee River update! Maumee River update!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Sunday

Was in the water yesterday.. Friend landed 1 ..me still with the goose egg,,,did see more people with fish..i saw around 6 on stringers....water temp and height has not changed much..was behind fort meigs...still not a lot of fish in yet ..will need to warm and need more rain to bring water up so fish will come in riv....i ll be back in water tomm...ill let you know what up

makingpayments...russ

Post Thanks / Like

Default river run

the best spots that fish are coming out of is ford street and the maumee bridge , the fishing is slow but there are fish that are coming in today mike hooked two females and let them go and lost a few more. his buddy walk out with two males today. not bad for a few hours down at the river. we are running charters on the river and out in the lake too.
    Reel Sport Charters
    Michael Johnson
    419 265 2736

Post Thanks / Like

Charter on the river? Is this Craigslist? Anybody that wants to fish the river I will give free charters.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile river update

to Nasty habit, no this is not craiglist, Reel Sport Charters is
    A licensed Ohio Guide, Capt. Mike is Master capt. That
    has
    expanded his guide service for the maney people from out of town, or never have fished the river, Capt, Mike and wayne fish the river year round and mostly fish far away from every one else.
    we are also a paid menber of walleye online, and allways give weekly reports on the lake and river, to everyone, this year we are running both lake erie charters and maumee river charters,
    all bait and tackle supplied, Thank you Reel Sport Team
    Capt, Mike and Wayne 419 265 2736

Post Thanks / Like

My buddy caught 6 this morning. 2 foul hooked. Off Ford st. Small yellow floaters. Bites when sun poked through. Too cold for me. Lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nastyhabit View Post
    Charter on the river? Is this Craigslist? Anybody that wants to fish the river I will give free charters.
    Really? 2 posts and your second one is a nasty one towards one of the longtime contributors to this site. The charter captains on this site have been a great help to many MANY newcomers to the site and rookie fisherman/boaters. For those who want to learn some of the ropes quick, there is no better way than to go with a charter captain that makes their living on their reputation for getting on fish.

Spend some time on a site to see how it works before coming on and insulting people. Take the advice/reports from here and say "thanks" and give back when you can. THAT is what this site is about. In return for the charter captains helping others out, they get to make some good friends on here and drop their business name once in a while. Seems like a good situation for everyone.

Wayne, thanks for the info. I'm hoping to hook up with the ReelSport team during the perch bite.
    21ft Red Mirrocraft Open Bow w/ gray Evinrude 120 OB. Nicknamed "Sunny Daze".

Channel 79, hit me up. Can be caught perch'n or drift'n around the islands when I make it out.

Post Thanks / Like

X2 B Can Man

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default you got my vote also

Thanks keep the site free of negative comments

Post Thanks / Like

Default Warm up Friday and Saturday

Good afternoon Walleye.com readers!

A little good news in the forecast. We can expect temperatures around 50 degrees both Friday and Saturday this weekend. This should allow us to have a better time on the river without the line icing up. Or better yet, US!

Other posters have reported that the fish are activley spawning in the river.
    The river temp had fallen off pretty good over the past week slowing thisngs down quite a bit for anglers.

Although we have had a slow start this year, it should be picking up quickly!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry men, didn't mean to stir up the mud that bad. Been fishing the river for 20+ years never ran into any one chartering on it. Guess things are due for change. Any how did fish the Sandusky in Fremont Saturday got 1 legal, snagged 3 more. Floating jig heads Carolina rigged with a 1/4 ounce slip sinker. Need a little warm up and it will be on. Buddys fished fort meigs Saturday they ended up with 2 fish for 4 guys. Good luck.