Well, here it goes, all brainwise set to burchase a HDS5 looking like it's going to be around $1,100 till all said and done, got about $650.00 in Cabelas club cards,From my birthday & Christmas and Misl. other projecks that other wanted to pay me for doing (I don't want any money but they insist I take something,so I tell them "get me a Cabelas gift card, the People are generous when it comes to gift cards/ always a $25.00 card it doesn't take long and you have money that the WIFE see's as worthless cards) . (HA.HA.HA.) Now I see that they came out with elite 7 with all the bells and $800.has all the bells and whistles and from the web site I don't see the difference in power /gps / anything. go to www.lowrance.com USA it's the first thing that come up, watch video and look at the specs. chart. Those that have the HDS units you will be able to find the weak areas!! PLEASE look into this and report back because I got ENOUGH dust to purchase this unit I'm really EXICITED about this unit, finally a hds unit made for the working man.