perch 6/28/2012 perch 6/28/2012 perch 6/28/2012 perch 6/28/2012
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: perch 6/28/2012

Post Thanks / Like

Default agree

I will clean eyes but I agree sending the perch and having them done is money well spent.

Post Thanks / Like

I must be the minority. I'd rather clean them myself. Fishing is expensive enough these days with the boat ownership, gas, fuel to tow the boat, shiners, any beer/food, etc.

If I can save a few bucks by cleaning them, I will

Post Thanks / Like

all last summer i cleaned my own perch. after fishing all day and then get back and clean 60 to 90 fish . that made the day that much longer . after fishing with wakina and taking them to get cleaned im going to take mine to the cleaners from now on .
    thanks again wakina for the fishing trip . getting 60 nice perch got my vacation off to a good start . but splitting wood today sucked glad i got ahold of a log splitter

Post Thanks / Like

I clean all of my fish. As far as 5 perch a minute - I am there as well. All of the guys that fish with me enjoy coming back to my house, have a few brews and clean fish. Afterwards it is time to relax. When I have new fisherman or kids along, I show them how to clean fish. It is part of the whole experience. I just did this Thursday. Now not only can they tell their friends that they caught a lot of fish but they can also tell their friends that they took the experience full circle and cleaned and in some cases, ate the fish they caught the same day. This also goes for hunting. I clean all of my game from rabbits to ducks to deer. It is all part of the experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PZeiler View Post
    I clean all of my fish. As far as 5 perch a minute - I am there as well. All of the guys that fish with me enjoy coming back to my house, have a few brews and clean fish. Afterwards it is time to relax. When I have new fisherman or kids along, I show them how to clean fish. It is part of the whole experience. I just did this Thursday. Now not only can they tell their friends that they caught a lot of fish but they can also tell their friends that they took the experience full circle and cleaned and in some cases, ate the fish they caught the same day. This also goes for hunting. I clean all of my game from rabbits to ducks to deer. It is all part of the experience.
    Actually Cutcher's speed is probably closer to 7 per minute but for the sake of error on my part I stated 5.

All the people that fish with me enjoy coming back to my camper and enjoying a beer or Lynchberg Lemonaide, it is so much easier for us , not that we can't clean our fish it is only that we chose not to and instead chose to put some of our money back into the local economy, we feel that we are not missing anything in the way of experience since we have all cleaned our catch in years past and decided to skip the messy part for more relaxation time. Those who fish with me and decide to clean their own catch take their catch either home or to the cleaning station and clean them at their convience it is of no concern of mine what they do with their catch. I stated in my post about the paying to have my fish cleaned "But that is just my personal preference".

I can't find fault with your idea about how you handle the cleaning of your fish or wildlife, that is your personal choose on the matter and I respect that as such.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with Pziler, I enjoy cleaning my own. I have had others do it in the past but always find bones in the fillets so i do my own and know there are none. Same with other game, I only trust myself. I also have to agree with costs, if I had to pay for cleaning it would mean far less fishing trips. I always have help from those who go with me. Even if they are not experienced cleaners, I have things that they can learn quickly and simply to help speed the clean job, and before you know it they are filleting themselves.
    All part of the fishing trip...

Airshot

Post Thanks / Like

I think every one should do what they think is best and accept those who would do it different, we are only talking about how we take care of our catch once we have caught it. I don't have a problem with those who clean there own catch, I didn't mean to imply that I did if that would be the case. I do clean walleyes though. The 17# of perch cost us $21.25 or $10.63 each to have them cleaned, to me that cost is minimal and I gladly pay it, perch are much cheaper to catch than walleyes if you are a worm harness troller, just considering the daily on the water cost of gas and bait so there is a trade off there.
    Last edited by wakina; 07-01-2012 at 09:15 PM.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

Default what ever you want to do

hey do what you want.. I have cleaned for hours but lately I have the plan..tons of perch? run them down to cleaners south of state park, drop off then drive up to Crabby Joes get a nice cocktail a little snack, chill, go get 'em much more relaxing hey I'm made of money! just kidding

Post Thanks / Like

Wakina,
    I don't see any argument here, just people posting their preferences. I am one that has had some poor experiences with fish cleaning by others but I am sure there are many that feel cleaning services are wonderfull. Unfortunately i have a budget to stay within and while I would not want to clean fish for a living myself, it is necessary for me to keep fishin and eatin !!
    All this talk of perch has me hungry, think I will take some out of the freezer for tomorrow...

Airshot

Post Thanks / Like

I used to fillet my fish. Now, I dont get out as much as I used to and way out of practice. So I will pay someone to clean em for me, that way I still get something to eat instead of butchering the whole mess to get a few nice fillets.. Money makes the world go round and I will gladly spend what little I have... LOL.... And keep my fingers