looking for some help looking for some help looking for some help looking for some help
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Troy1976,

I currently have a lowrance HDS unit. I think the GPS is great but I have not been happy with the sonar. I would suggest going to two seprate units and reccomend Furuno for sonar. If you have time call Gil Travis @ 209-848-8533. Gil is an expert on sonar he can build a system for you. If you happen to have a problem with his product he will bend over backwords to help you.

Kevin

Post Thanks / Like

Default HDS set ups

Once your HDS unity is set up they preform great, all are dual freQ, just make sure to get the 83-200 transducer, other things that affect sonar clarity are interference and surface clarity settings, both should be set to at least low to medium, next set to freshwater use, turn off the amplitude scope, also make sure your unit has the latest upgrades there have been 3 in the past 6 months,currently 4.1 for gen 1s and 1.1 for gen 2s..... i can make a dock call if you need help...Ed

Post Thanks / Like

wow thanks everyone esp Ed. Lot to think about now. Guess I have to do some shopping! Thanks again everyone and good luck on the water.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with these guys on the DSI unit. I raved and raved over it until I saved the money and finally bought and started using it. Not a good one for Lake Erie.
    Just my $.02
    Rookie Perch fisher, veteran Perch eater.

Post Thanks / Like

I run the lorance hds,10 with insight as a chartplotter and a furuno 585 with a b260 transducer. Could not be happier,

Post Thanks / Like

that settles it. If the skipper gives his blessing it will be good enough for me. thanks again to all who were kind enough to post their thoughts. HDS it will be.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by troy1976 View Post
    that settles it. If the skipper gives his blessing it will be good enough for me. thanks again to all who were kind enough to post their thoughts. HDS it will be.
    If you have any problems with the hds let me know I am very knowledgeable on the unit.

Post Thanks / Like

Is anyone here more knowledgable with the Elite05 DSI unit ? I love the chartplotter. I am just not impressed with the sonar side of the unit.
    Rookie Perch fisher, veteran Perch eater.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to all... Ed I heard you were fishing yesterday, but Jason and Mat took good care of me. I ended up with the HDS 5 gen 2 w/insight. Will be installing soon. Once again cannot say thank you enough to all the good information.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hds-set up

Troy, I dock at Wild Wings so if you need some help setting up your new HDS-let me know, the screen overlays are a little tricky (lots to choose from) but you will want depth upper corner on your chart page, also course to steer, distance to destination, & your current pos. that way you can navigate on your map without going to the steerage page. sonar will need to be adjusted also for a better pic.......after that everything runs great in AUTO....Ed