Deja Vue Deja Vue Deja Vue Deja Vue
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Deja Vue

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Deja Vue

Today was just like last Friday only different. My crew was either sick or had to work but that didn't stop me from driving west 2 hours plus from Warren and I left Catawba around 8:00 AM. I ran straight to "E" can and trolled north to "D" can, made a 180 around the can and proceeded south back through the active fish. I was all alone except for one charter boat and the six walleye who joined my party. Again I ran Deep Diver Reef Runners 57' back at 1.6 mph in 28 FOW. Hot Tiger, Red Hot Tiger and Cheap Sunglasses were the colors. Question: Where were you guys this morning? I called and listened but heard nothing. Maybe it's my radio. There are tons of walleye out there and if you follow my lead you too can limit out time after time. P.S. I pulled one sheephead and managed to lose one nice eye in the prop wash so I am not perfect afterall. Keep in touch and here's to good fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Dr. Ed replies

With my first mate and netman Al Scott aboard, I ran the same program as yesterday. Same results...12 fish and one sheephead. Cheap Sunglasses and Blueberry Muffin DDRR did the trick, back 57' at 1.6-1.8 mph. Most of the fish were taken within 1/2 mile of "D" can. Nice to finally talk to a couple of members of Walleye.com. God willing we will put the ProLine 201 in the water at Catawba on Friday. See you then.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Wow

Sounds like you got it going on, keep the reports coming in....
    Ron
    www.somethinfishycharters.com
    aka- Capt. Concrete

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Ed View Post
    With my first mate and netman Al Scott aboard, I ran the same program as yesterday. Same results...12 fish and one sheephead. Cheap Sunglasses and Blueberry Muffin DDRR did the trick, back 57' at 1.6-1.8 mph. Most of the fish were taken within 1/2 mile of "D" can. Nice to finally talk to a couple of members of Walleye.com. God willing we will put the ProLine 201 in the water at Catawba on Friday. See you then.
    Do you pull RR all summer? If so do you stick with a certain color pattern?
    Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

This is the first year that I have had success with the DDRR but if it ain't broke don't fix it. I keep listening to the radio as to what is working for others and take notes. If the cranks cool down I will go back to my homemade worm harnesses off "O" dipseys. These have been my bread and butter the last 3 years in the western basin. Sometime in June when the fishing dies down I move the boat to Geneva and troll stinger spoons and small cranks i.e. Yozuri minnows along with worm harnesses in 70 FOW. There I get up early and follow my charter boat friends out to their happy hunting grounds and set up a respectful distance away from them. We share info and it goes a long way to getting limit catches. This season is starting out to be one of the best in a long time but I don't want to jinx it by talking too loud. I"ll just whisper on this website until the magic is gone. Enjoy!
    Oh, I almost forgot. When it comes to color selection I will start out with what worked yesterday. If it's been several days I will start out with a different color on each board...Bright, dark, reflective and painted. At the same time I will put the radio in scan mode and hope someone has a program worked out that I might try. It's not rocket science. It's more technical than that.
    Last edited by Dr.Ed; 05-16-2012 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Additional info

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chasin' 'Eyes on Friday

We'll be out Friday morning from Catawba and running the program in the area west of Dand E Cans. Most of our fish have come on 800 RR, but the worm harness bite seems to be picking up. I'll have Channel 71 on for anyone who wants to compare notes.

Art