Quote Originally Posted by gregnwtf View Post
This law was put in place for the problem areas. Sort of like
probable cause. It is stated in the new fishing laws pamphlet. Fish you intend to eat, say that day, odnr ok'd that you can have clean fillets without skin. It is a big change and will be a tough one for people to accept.
I have read the law and even copied and pasted it in a post on this thread. Nowhere in that law or anywhere else on the ODNR fishing regulations web page can I find where the ODNR ok'd the part you are relating to as it would pertain to eating/cooking fish at your camper you had just caught that day. It concerns me because my boat is located less than 150ft from the front door of my camper. The point that I was trying to make was that no-matter what that Officer said at the meeting if you get a ticket it would have been written from the printed statute and that written statute is the only thing that the Judge has to go on, it is the law as written. If it is not in writing and in the books with an Ohio Revised Code number then the Officers statement as he or she stated at the meeting is worthless in a court of law and you would still be guilty.