Can't Wait Anymore Can't Wait Anymore Can't Wait Anymore Can't Wait Anymore
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Can't Wait Anymore

Missed the Jig bite completely last year due to work and weather.Are there any reefs close to Marblehead that hold fish in the early spring? If there aren't thinking of trailoring the Danger Ranger towards the Maumee till Bass Haven can get the Shelly J in the water and the danger of a freeze is pretty much over.Since I know we will limit out quick on walleye what about the spring perch bite? Thanks for any info.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly J View Post
    Missed the Jig bite completely last year due to work and weather.Are there any reefs close to Marblehead that hold fish in the early spring? If there aren't thinking of trailoring the Danger Ranger towards the Maumee till Bass Haven can get the Shelly J in the water and the danger of a freeze is pretty much over.Since I know we will limit out quick on walleye what about the spring perch bite? Thanks for any info.
    Best bet for reefs would be the huge area off Davis Besse and the shoreline towards Toledo from there. You could put in at Catawba SP and run several miles west or put in at Turtle Creek/Wild Wings area. I run out of Fenwick and some days in April I go just outside the marina go a 1/4 or so and stop. They spring fish (walleye) are right there for a month. All the main reefs are less than 7 miles or so. Last spring (mid May) a nice perch bite was a couple miles north of West Sister Isl. In Lake Mich, they perch fish April and May in deep water during the spawn so the same idea would work on Erie for Yellow Perch. Everybody always wants to fish for walleye in the spring, so we fish for walleye and miss the perch spawn bite.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]