No fishin this weekend No fishin this weekend No fishin this weekend No fishin this weekend
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishin buddy View Post
    were you using your skipper 9 rigs?lol
    Lol I bet they would work great tipped with a piece of shrimp as bait catching rigs. About the same as a sabiki rig.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReelTime View Post
    Lol I bet they would work great tipped with a piece of shrimp as bait catching rigs. About the same as a sabiki rig.
    Aaaahh the wonders of a sabiki rig. Only good for one day though since I have never figured out how to store those things when done without having them turn into a giant tangled mess.

Sometimes catching bait fish is half the fun down there since you don't have a clue who may stop by for a snack on the way up. I am hoping to be down your way this spring, wish I could live there.

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of sabiki rigs, I wonder how those would work for perch? You may want to bring a couple back with you to give it a try, preferable something with a little emerald coloring on those little flashers on them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by miso_ohio View Post
    Speaking of sabiki rigs, I wonder how those would work for perch? You may want to bring a couple back with you to give it a try, preferable something with a little emerald coloring on those little flashers on them.
    Funny you say that. I have a bunch in my box back at the house ans often wondered how they would work with a small piece of shiner on them. I may just hang one over the side next time I'm perchin. I normally just throw them away when I'm done with them. I guess it would be easy just to wrap them around a pool noodle at the end of the day.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile store those rigs

You can buy a small 3'' foam pipe wrap and cut them in about a 12''long piece.
    Take the first hook in the rig and hook in the pipe wrap then wrap to each hook and stick the next hook in. Watch out they are the sharpest hooks I know of. NO MORE TANGLES.
    LAST CAST