I have my boat docked near Port Clinton and a number of charter boats go out of the same marina that I am docked. I catch my fish and usually clean them on my boat when at the dock or actually on the dock. I bag all of the fish waste and put them in the freezer provided by the marina. A friend of mine is docked at Ram Island on Grand River and he said that it is illegal to clean fish on a boat or anywhere near the lake. And the division of wildlife has been ticketing people for cleaning fish anywhere near the water. According to the regulations, the fish must be cleaned far from the lake so that NONE of the waste enters the lake. Apparently that is illegal because they dont want fish waste in the lake. The charter captains at my marina all clean fish right near their boats at their own cleaning stations. My question is, Is this legal to clean fish at the boat or at the dock? Any charter captains help me out with this one. Are they going to crack down on this at the western basin now? From what he tells me, many people at the central basin are upset that they seem to be getting picked on and not western basin fishermen.