Best bite Best bite Best bite Best bite
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Best bite

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Best bite

I am going fishing for walleye in the morning. Haven't had a chance to go lately so I am not going to go out and get on the fish right away unless I am lucky. I am taking my cousin with me and its gonna be his first time on Erie. I want to give him a good trip so he will want to go again. So.. I was just wondering where to start. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. If nobody gives me any tips I will check out the crane creek area ,Niagara -to D can & if I don't get on any fish north of west sister to the turn around. I will post a report unless something happens and I cant go.
    Last edited by Fishin Crazy; 06-29-2011 at 04:20 PM. Reason: a word

Post Thanks / Like

Smile where to start

the good bite is at the true turn around a few miles past the red and white no.2 bouy, a hard bite on west side of west sister
    1/2 off island, another tough bite is water intake to crane creek,
    and of course it a trolling bite, Capt. Mike Reel Sport Charters

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Worked my butt off !

First off Thanks Wayne for the tip. Maybe I should have listened to you? lol
    We went out of turtle creek at 6:30 am. Had someone tell me that they were catching some north of Niagara. So thats where we started. At 7:00 we caught 1 eye in 17 ft. of water. And at 7:30 1 in 24 ft. it weighed 8 lb. That was it for the walleye. Fished with harnesses and small boards. Both fish were caught on purple. We also caught some small mouth and a the sheephead were driving me crazy, so we set out for west sister around 10:00.
    Caught 5 north of west sister but we fished till 5:00. All were in 30 foot of water pulling #40 jets and stinger spoons 70 to 80 ft back. Best color again was purple.

I guess we didn't do to bad tho, we had a good time. And when we got in some of the guys we talked to got NONE!