May 11 to May 14 May 11 to May 14 May 11 to May 14 May 11 to May 14
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    walleye53 Guest

Default May 11 to May 14

A buddy and I are going to be on Erie on the above dates. Any tips on what to bring as far as baits?

Thanks

walleye53 Guest

I forgot to mention that we are staying at the East Harbor State Park

walleye53 Guest

We will be fishing for walleye and smallmouth. Catch and release on smallmouth.

walleye53 Guest

nothing from anyone?

Post Thanks / Like

Default walleye fishing

At that time the crawler harness bite should be full-on. You'll need bottom bouncers, crawler harnesses, and a flat of crawlers to pin on the harness. I don't fish smallies much, but I would presume various topwater and cranks will get you smallies around most of the islands. Check with Happy Hooker Bait Shop out on Rte. 2 or any of the several bait shops in Port Clinton for up-to-date info. And of course stay tuned to this sight. Lot of good fishermen here, and they're pretty free with the local information.

walleye53 Guest

perchhunter

I thank you for the info. I plan on posting our results on here. We are going to take a counter with us so we have accurate numbers. My buddy showed me this board the other day and I have found that it is full of information.

Thanks again.

Rod Bender Guest

Default Eyes & Smallies

As mentioned, bouncers and flipping harnesses will get you plenty of eyes. Smallies, throw tubes on the reefs and around the islands.

Rod Bender

Post Thanks / Like

Default where to fish ?

friends of mine fished from 4/30/08 to 5/5/08, pounded the walleye every day.fished out by the canadian border trolling 4 oz bouncers just off the bottom with crawlers. put in at mizeraks.

Fish Fever Guest

Smile

worm harness and weight forward spinners work fine.