Finally bought some inline planer boards, thanks Wakina for the suggestion of the tx 22 from Church Tackle.

Started at American Eagle shoal around 9:00 am, fished for a couple of hours and caught a ton of sheep and no eyes.
Moved to between North and Middle Bass island on the East side and caught 1 nice 28 inch walleye and a ton more sheep. At 4:00 decided to make the move to Niagra and try the evening bite. 2 of us caught 8 walleye fishing just East of the reef in the 25 ft depth. We were trolling poohbear purple and jaeger bomb stinger spoons at 2.5 gps speed back 18 to 25 on jet 40's. We could see shad jumping on the surface toward evening so we tried to pass over them because we figured the eyes were chasing. It seemed to work!

We needed 3 fish to limit and if we didn't have to leave because we were running out of fuel we would have got em because the evening bite was pretty steady.

I think for my money I'll start coming up for the evening bite and stay for the next morning bite then head home. Way too much wasted gas and energy for the mid day fishing any more. But the weather was great!

Thank you Skipper9, Wakina, Poohbear, Captain Mike and many others who post here. It is the collective information that helps us all catch some fish during these difficult periods.

Good luck everyone!