What to bring? What to bring? What to bring? What to bring?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: What to bring?

tkcenterline Guest

Default What to bring?

We are planning a trip next week Wed to Sun. I was tolded to bring bottom bounces with spinner harnesses, 3/8, 1/2 and 5/8 oz Erie jigs with trailer hooks with purple hair, green hair and chartruese hair and to bring Rapalas and Wally drivers ect. Is this true and what more should I bring and in what colors. What is hot? We are staying at Fendwicks Turtle Creek. Is this place close to the hot spots? Thanks for your help

snub77 Guest

Default depends?

centerline, It depends wether you want to troll or drift. By that time they may be catching them on a worm harnnes and hair jigs in close. If u go a little further out around the cans and want to troll use reef runners, wally divers, and spoons may pick up fish to. Vary your speed until u find what works. More info would help if you want anything specific. hope ive helped some?

tkcenterline Guest

Yes you did!! Thank you. We are going to be trying both Drift and Trolling. How has the perch and bass been doing. That Colors have been hot for the walleyes.

fbcoachfisherman Guest

Perch is solid down by Kelly's, Marblehead Lighthouse.

Smallies are staging for the spawn.

tkcenterline Guest

Great!! What are the perch hitting on-minnows? Also, have they changed the limit on perch? What is the limit now? What is the limit and size on the walleyes and bass?

ERIE REBEL1 Guest

If you are staying at Fenwick's talk to dave at the Happy Hooker he will tell you what and where the fish are doing.If you catch any smallies do us all a favor and practice catch and release.The eyes and perch are much better tablefare than the bass.The bass fight so hard they deserve to live and fight another day.

tkcenterline Guest

Erie,thanks for the info and I am glad you brought up the catch and release program. But, We always release bass!! I just wanted to the know the size limits for all the fish. Even the Pros like to know the legal limits on the lakes. I started releasing bass, walleyes, trout in Montana, etc back in the Sixties and way before we even heard of "catch and release". Plus, I think you should know, I am of the opinion that on inland lakes only One Walleye, One Trout, One Salmon, One Bass, One Cat Fish, One Carp, One Drum, One Stripe Bass, Five Perch, Five Crappie, Five Smelt, Five Herring, Five Blue Gills and 0 on any indangered species should be taken on any one day, including your possession limit. Plus, I think you should not be allowed to buy from any commercial stores or resturants any amount of fish over the daily limit including your McDonalds, Wendy's, Fish and Chips Ect. Actually, I think that the only fish that we should be allowed to eat are fish that have only been farm raised in ponds. What's wrong with that? We should also start to control other things affecting the inviroment like Fuel, Water, Forests Etc. But those are topics for yet another Day.
    Last edited by tkcenterline; 04-28-2008 at 09:44 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Great points Tk. Catch and release is imperative for our pastime of fishing to survive. I love to catch limits because a great fishing story begins with "we caught our limit", it should be "we caught our limit, released most and kept a couple to eat." I know too many fishemen with fish from last year in the freezer still. I sure hope it doesn't get thrown out. If you kill it, eat it. Greed will kill our sport. Farm raised is a great concept too. It would force the raping comercial fishermen to stop turning our precious fish into cat food. I have been told walleye over 23 inches get sold to cat food companies. I'm sure there is at least a speck of truth to it. Think of the spawning fish we lose to catfood. Criminal! By all means, if a fish is foul hooked and might die keep it, even a bass. It just takes so long for a smallie to reach any significant size. If anyone must keep one, make it on the smaller side. Throw back the trophies and get a permamount or certificate. I hope our fellow fishermen listen to us Tk. Great ideas and conservation. keep it up and pass it on.