what if we are blown off the lake what if we are blown off the lake what if we are blown off the lake what if we are blown off the lake
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    kvraindancer Guest

Default what if we are blown off the lake

Hi all,
    First, Great site! One question, I am coming up Fri-Mon to jig the walleyes and we fish right by the wild wings. But the wind is predicted to blow and I would still like to fish for something if we can't take the boat out. Its a long ride from State College PA. I know around Erie PA there is a plethora of things to catch if you are blown off the lake. Large mouth, crappies, pike etc in the bay. Can anyone recommend something to fill a day around the area...if we can't get the boat out? Great thanks and tight lines to all!
    K

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wind

As long as the wind is coming from land you should still be okay since the fish close in. There are also areas which are protected between Port Clinton and Wild Wings.

You may be interested in some photos of guests that we just had at our condo, they had great luck last weekend. You can follow the link if you would like to see a couple of nice eyes.

We rent our condo at Green Cove resort near wild wings. We charge $90.00 per night which includes a 30 foot boat dock right in front of the condo. I was up over the weekend and there were several staying in Green Cove Condos and launching at Wild Wings. Some small boats renting units and going out since it is such a short run this time of year.

You can find info on our rental and photos

http://www.domegos.com/1324/Default.aspx

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Good Luck,

John