As of Monday March 1, 2011, it was reported that two of the board members of the LECBA (Lake Erie Charter Boat Association) met with the Ohio Division of Wildlife. After the meeting, the LECBA reported that they are confident that there will be no limit changes in 2011. This is unofficial but it sounds like good news to me.

I will be attending the LECBA's Captain's Conference this Saturday and will report back any changes or news that I hear.

FYI, you do not have to be a captain to join this organization. Anyone can join as an associate for $35 per year. This organization not only supports the captains but also works on causes that directly affect Lake Erie, i.e, the Asian Carp problem, algae blooms, Toledo's fish killing power plants, the impact of windmills in Lake Erie, etc.... Why not support an organization that has our best interests at heart? (Note: I don't work for nor am I paid by the LECBA. I just strongly support them and believe in their cause.) Their website is www.lecba.org if you are interested.