Jig Time??? Jig Time??? Jig Time??? Jig Time???
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jig Time???

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Now Jim, I know some- but I can undo some killer tangles at the net! "Screw it! cut the f____ing lines, retie and getem in the water..." guess we have that though when your netting 2-3 at a time. Ice gone yet??? May have 40's next week, 60 days or so. Get the next- Somthin Fishy

Post Thanks / Like

I would first like to say thank you for the comments. Although I don’t really believe I'm all that. I really appreciate the time I was able to fish with you and your uncle last year and hope to do the same this year. It's all you on the perch though, the Uncle Ronnie and Jim method I like to call it. You changed the way I fish for the yellow perch last year and it's because of the catch rate you have. Jim is a Great fishermen and is first rate all the way, I would recommend anyone to book a charter with him any time during the fishing season.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Could you guy's give me an idea on what area's your fishing during the month of April I'm assuming it's all jig fishing.

Thanks,
    Fish Tales

Post Thanks / Like

Sure, jigging.. The beach just west of wild wings marina, cone reef, niagra reef, any other reef.. Go to a reef that does not have a lot of boat traffic.. The fish are shallow so the boats spook them easy.. Go early.. I am usually fishing before the sun starts to come up..

Slow trolling, 1.0 to 1.2 knots with crankbaits.. You will be fishing high. Your leads on a 800 series reef runner will be between 25 and 40 feet back. This how you catch you big active females.. Troll in deep water adjacent to shallow reef areas

Bottom bouncing, As soon as they will take a worm(april 17th or so) green island to north bass using bottom bouncers and worm harneses

Casting, around april 20th any where you can find active fish. Basically drift till you start catching and repeat.
    ANYBOSY ELSE WANT TO ADD ANYTHING ELSE PLEASE DO..

Post Thanks / Like

The areas to jig fish in the spring would be the reef complex and just out front of wild wings marina and the beach area to the west. There are fish usually all over these areas. By using wild wings, beef creek, lamber jacks, or Toussaint marina’s there all easy access to fishing areas. There are more marinas than that in the area you could use also. The best part is usually you don’t have to go more than ¼ mile to catch eyes.

Post Thanks / Like

jeezz,im buggin out with all this eye talk,and this nasty storm aint making it any easier.almost put off a rebuild on my motor even knowing its long over due for it, it got me around the lake without trouble all season,better not push my luck

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the info fellows I’m docked in Marblehead and primarily fish around the Islands. I’m
    trying to take all fish casting/drifting I have never tried the spring jig so you advance is helpful

Fish Tales

Post Thanks / Like

Marblehead, You can jig around the islands also.(its not as fast) On my jumbo perch trips in april after we finish up i wi will hit american, starve, the rock of the lite house and pick up our eyes.. So dont discount the jig bite their..

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Skipper 9,

We never did limit out on Walleye last year our best catch was in September. We found a bump on Kelley Shoal just south of the west bump that produced some nice fish. Some of the issue is we fish hard but not always smart. I was wonder a few things where are jumbo perch in April and what are you referring to as the rock. Also would you have the phone number for the charter service in Virginia Beach.

Thanks,
    Fish Tale

Post Thanks / Like

Fish Tales,
    The phone number for the charter in virginia beach is Capt Rob 804 370 7444. he does walk on trips all the time. so if you dont have six people he will put you with a group. Fun times..
    Sorry I meant the rocks off of the litehouse. As close to them that you feel comfortable being.. I post these post off of my little phone.. So I make alot of mistakes.. I am Sorry I do try.
    Jumbo Perch.. Hmm.. Dont have my fishfinder with me for some numbers for you.. But I can say this clam beds..... if you can find a clam bed in april then you found Jumbo perch.. The clams move around on the bottom and stir up the silt.. and thus putting food into the water..
    DONT HAVE A BAD DAY ON THE WATER.. TAKING YOUR OWN BOAT OUT CALL ME AND I WILL TRY AND PUT YOU ON FISH. ON THE WATER AND NOT CATCHING, MAYBE I AM 614.327.7144.