Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: kellys

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    mastroller Guest

Default kellys

anyone catchin walleye around kellys or over by starve island? would love to know. im goin up this weekend to fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kellys action

I went up last Friday and talked to a guy that was checking in his 13lb walleye at the bait shop. He limited out slow trolling 2 oz inline weights with pink worm harnesses and antifreeze color just north of Kelly's (35-42 fow). 1.0 mph, 65ft back... Saw all his fish and they were all big. Report back and let me know how you do. I won't make it back up until May 14th but plan to fish this same area...
    Last edited by jkr; 05-05-2010 at 01:15 PM.

mastroller Guest

ill let you know if i can get out. the weather isnt looking too good for the weekend

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kellys

jkr,

That is good to know around Kellys. I dock at Gem Beach and went NW of Green on last Sat. and caught an 8 lb. er...early and about noon went to David Bessie and caught sheep head and white bass. Lot of boats no action at that time. I will be back up the 14th and will check out north of Kelleys if the eyes are still there. and trolling....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Going up Thursday

I am going up Thursday to fish this area. unfortunately, I am not set up to slow troll yet, but I will post any good results. Gonna try drifting bottom bouncers and see what happens. Any advice would be appreciated. I am still learning this method.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kelly's

Hey Rebel-1 - I probably saw you Sat. I too started Sat am just North of Green and trolled towards Rattlesnake and then West. Only picked up 2 walleye. We were fishing by 5:40am. Only 1 other boat out there. I ended up moving over to North of Kelly's and trolled - picked up only 1 more. About 3pm, decided to drift as the wind was good. We picked up 8 more in about 3 hours drifting 2oz bottom bouncers. Red was our best color but Pink/Purple worked too... Give me a shout on Channel 68 next Sat. I'm in a Green Lund Grand Baron - "Eye-Catcher" on the back... Good luck.

Peelebound - you should catch fish - try fishing on the West side of Middle Island. We picked up some fish here real close to the Canadian border... Report back and let us know.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kellys

jkr,

Was planning on going up this week-end but saw the marine forecast of 9 to 12 ft. waves and decided to go turkey hunting. I will be up next Fri. Sat. and Sunday morning. Will give you a shout on 68. Fish ON.

Rebel-1

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bust

Thursday was a bust for me. Wind was a little more than predicted and I only made it as far as the light house. Ended up perch fishing with a little success but nothing to brag about. I need a bigger boat!!!! Keep the Kelly's reports coming. I like fishing this area. Good Luck all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mastroller View Post
    anyone catchin walleye around kellys or over by starve island? would love to know. im goin up this weekend to fish.
    me too...fishin cranberry friday and kellys sat....will monitor 68-79

LADY B II

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kellys

Hope to meet and talk with you guys on Fri. Sat. Sun. I have your handles written down and I have a 24' Hard top, Pro-Line, W/A .. Should be good fishing...

I go by Rebel-1