Internal GPS Internal GPS Internal GPS Internal GPS
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Internal GPS

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Internal GPS

Anybody have input how the Hummingbird internal GPS sensors pick-up under a hardtop. Do they get a good signal without having a external puck on roof. Looking into new unit, old one had a sensor on roof, but looks like alot of newer stuff are built in. Any advice would be great- almost time for the jigs!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default internal gps

I have the hummingbird 580 with the external and it works good. I was thinking about a new one also. What model were you looking at? do you have a plotter card in yours and how do you like it if you do?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default gps

I was looking into the 587i, it's an internal GPS unit. Was looking to hear from someone with a unit that runs a internal GPS. Any info is better than no info, good or bad. My email is [email protected] so we dont have to clutter up this thread. Thanks - Ron

Post Thanks / Like

Default theoretically

Theoretically a GPS would not work well under a hard top. GPS units typically need line of site to work well. I would imagine a hard top could/would interfere with that. I have a humminbird 967c3D with an external GPS puck on my hard top. Works great.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great Signal

I have a internal gps under my hard top. I had a great signal the whole season last year. If for some reason you don't get a good signal you can always add an external one one.

Labshavit Guest

From what I was told saturday at Cabelas the new internal units read out the front of the units not out the top.

Post Thanks / Like

I would always pay a little more to do it right in the first place. They make external GPS pucks for a reason, and that reason is to get the best possible GPS signal. I would hate to spend $500 or $600 on a internal GPS system just to find out it doesn't work the way you wanted when you could have paid $100 more a know that it would work. Just my opinion.