The fishing hasn't been red hot for me over the last few weeks. I have landed my share of fish with some limit days. What has worked for me is avoiding the packs. I don't even pull through them. There are fish EVERYWHERE in the West Basin.

My 2 cents ...... pack a good lunch and plan on being at it a while. Play a little music or whatever makes the time a little more enjoyable. DON'T LEAVE FISH FOR BETTER FISH!!!! If you are picking some, stick with it. listen to how others are struggling. Don't be so quick to pull up and run to a good report unless you KNOW the source but remember it is often broadcast over the radio. Patience and persistance will almost always work. We have been fighting a constant East wind and now mayflies in addition to a poor fishing almanac forecast.

Check lines every 15 min or so when not catching. There was alot of grass in the lake today fouling lures.

Gold is typically best during the hatch.

Speed control is important 1.7-2mph is working

Fish bite best for me with a following sea or going through the troughs. East wind however, you can't predict but generally best not going into it.

The odds are stacked against us but the pesistant ones are doing fair to good.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL