Charter Questions Charter Questions Charter Questions Charter Questions
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Charter Questions

Hi, first time poster here. I hope I'm in the right place and its not taboo to ask this here so don't flame me to bad...

I'm planning my brothers bachelor party for the weekend of the june 26-28th and i want some good fishing to be part of it. My parents have a trailer, dock, and boat at port clinton that we will be staying at. I've been out walleye fishing in the west basin more than a few times with limited luck. I don't really know where to go or exactly how to set up my rig. I usually ask for advice at the local bait shop (on the river), setup an erie dearie with a minnow, goto where a bunch of other boats are fishing, pop in a line, and hope for the best. I want to actually catch fish and have a memorable experience for the bachelor party though.

So my question is, should I spring for a charter to guarantee a good time fishing? Is it worth the money? Do most charters allow beer on board? We won't be getting retarded drunk or anything but it will be his bachelor party and we'd like to have a few beers while we fish as the day goes on.

What charter would you recommend for my situation? I'll prob have between 4 to 6 guys, most will have their own poles, most will not have the lures or whatever else would be needed. We'd bring our own drinks and food. And of course, the clincher, we don't want to spend an arm and a leg on the charter. Would I just be better off taking out my parents boat that is free (minus gas) and hoping for the best?

Also, as I was searching for affordable charters, I came across the walk-on charters. Has anyone had any experience going on a charter with 40 people on it? seems like it would be hard to fish like that. Do you catch many fish on those type of charters? do they allow beer? Do they show you what to do?

I know I just threw out like 20 questions, sorry for the super deluxe mega first time post, I just want to make the fishing trip the best as possible. Thanks in advance for any help.

Post Thanks / Like

This sounds like a question for Walidave. He is located in PC. He does very well catching and his style of fishing just might be perfect for you. He trolls a fair amount and that gives you time with your friends to enjoy one another and a beverage. A number of board members have fished with him and given great reviews. He will likely check in later. I for one can tell you I don't like headboats. you just never know what you are going to get in the way of other passengers. Listen to what Walidave suggests. Good luck and keep us posted.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yea- Welcome aboard Monkey chops

Labshavit Guest

Monkey Chops take this to the bank Walidave don't hesitate for one second!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Thank You

Just wanted to say thanks for all the good reports from the people at walleye.com that have made it up to spend some time with me on my boat

Look forward to seeing you all again soon!