June 2009 Western Lake Erie Fishing Reports June 2009 Western Lake Erie Fishing Reports June 2009 Western Lake Erie Fishing Reports June 2009 Western Lake Erie Fishing Reports
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post 6/6 & 6/7 report

Fished Saturday, started out south of west reef, picked up one casting. Moved over to Northwest reef, large pack of boats, and ran #30 jets and picked up one 70 back. NOt many marks so went back to south of west reef, ran the boards and started picking them up in a pocket, once we found the pocket just keep working them 60 and 70 feet back. Ended up with 18 on saturday with 8 throwbacks and 15 sunday with 3 throw backs. Spoon color or pattern did not matter on saturday but on sunday it did, needed a large spot on the spoon. Best of luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Mitch-spoons were the ticket- gold/copper were successful also a green and cold combo worked well. Some friends of mine went out on June 6 and used the same technique in the same area and had a four man limit with 2 throwbacks and lost 5 on the way in.

Jfish Guest

We didn't do very well on Sunday.

Trolling for several hours Northeast of Niagra out to Northwest reef. We picked up 2 nice ones and lost one of the two netting Picked up a dink and couple white bass. Come to think of it I think we landed 2 Walleye. It was a long day.

We had the boards out running jet 30s on one side and 40s on the other. Stinger, Yeck, and "turn in a poacher" spoons.

Post Thanks / Like

I've used a lot of different lures started trolling the shouls and gull reef about 25 byears ago. Learn side planing here at norris. A bit of a pain but worth it.

Jim.

Post Thanks / Like

Default friday 6-12

fished by turnaround buoy friday. 29-30 fow casting weapons, burnt copper and purple/green blades. 5 in box, plus 6 jumbo perch all over 9 inches! As soon as wind laid down, fish quit biting.

BigWalleyeFan Guest

Default NE Wind slowing down the action

Fished Gull Shoals on Saturday. NE wind made for slow day. Only caught two, a 22 and 20 incher on gold erie dearies. We we drifting in 50 ft of water. The water is finally starting to clear a bit. The sky was a bit to bright until later in the day when the front moved through.

eerie drifter Guest

Moondog don't fret. Wrong place, wrong time. We got only 3 fishin the mi/ohio line straight off stoney point. There were way more boats 1-2 miles toward Sputnik in Ohio water. I was in 27-28 FOW on the Mich side with bouncers. Like you we threw everything at 'em. Fish flies aren't as bad I think because of the weather? Normally bait shop wall is solid with them but nary a one now. Next weekend, Ohio licesnse, go near West Sister.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished on Saturday 20th...Started a 6:00 am between the sputnik and middle sister. Trolled with jet diver #20 set back 140ft with spoons. Fished until noon and boated 18 with one throwback. The biggest was 25 inches 5.06lbs. The best spoon was a gold with black spots. Fished until noon. The fishing was better early on in the morning before the wind began to blow.

Net Hog Guest

Default Fished Sunday 6/21

Fished a couple hours Sunday afternoon (6/21) between west sister and middle sister in 32 fow and lucked in to 1 nice walleye. NE wind and may flys were not helping things. I talked to a couple people that did well perch fishing north of the intake.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Mayflies,walleye,perch

Well I know the walleye fishing is rough this year. Seems like they never really haved schooled up any.
    Sunday and today, on the fishfinder all kinds of mayfly larvae streams on the bottom. Are we headed for 2 or 3 more weeks of hatches?
    All the Perch we caught had mayflies in there bellies. It sure doesn"t shut them down too much. Hang in there fishermen.
    FredsterL.