need some help need some help need some help need some help
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: need some help

buckykatt Guest

Default need some help

Thanks to all for the very helpful info - I need some advice. I am heading out this weekend for the first time this year, and am taking my 12 year old. I have only been on Lake Erie a few times with limited success, and as I am from Michigan I go out of Luna Pier. What is the best system right now and where can we get into some fish?

Post Thanks / Like

Are you going to fish Ohio waters or Michigan waters? Sounds like the best action has been trolling spoons and worm harness rigs. You can use jet divers. Try to get your speed down to <2mph.

buckykatt Guest

Default michigan waters

thanks Spoontang. I plan on sticking to Michigan waters, although the pack of boats is usually over the Ohio line and I haven't seen many reports from the Michigan side. I will try slow trolling with divers and spoons. There is lot of 15' water on the MI side, do I need to look for deeper water? how about bottom bouncers with crawlers?

Post Thanks / Like

What I am reading is most fish are coming from 22-32 fow. I am not familiar enough with your area to tell you where to fish. I think deeper water near spawning grounds is a start. With the water warming, the fish will start suspending.