Weekend 5/18 & 19 Weekend 5/18 & 19 Weekend 5/18 & 19 Weekend 5/18 & 19
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Weekend 5/18 & 19

Sorry a little late but fished west of the islands to Niagara sat/sun. They very much preferred crawler harnesses (on riggers set at 25’ over 28’) on Saturday.. off the lake after 4 or so hours. Quicker limit on Sunday-.but pulled only ONE short on the riggers. Blue/ chartreuse DHJ’s (150’ back) were definitely the preference on Sunday… I thought about running to the weather buoy on Sunday from mazurik, but quality was decent. A couple 23” or so, Mostly 18” only kept a couple 16” that were hooked deep.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Weekend 5/18 & 19

Great job!
    Excellent report

Post Thanks / Like

Cool dawg have you fished the bouy this year?

Post Thanks / Like

I haven’t fished the buoy for several years. Last year didn’t make it to Erie at all… I’m semi retired now so trying to actually use my Ranger now and in the future. I think I’m done for a while this year- too many maintenance projects at home this summer

All that said, the buoy was generally good in early June. IF weather was good enough to get out there. I would run meat on the riggers and pull limits pretty quickly. Junk is biggest problem with pulling quick limits. They like live bait as well!

Also, seems like everybody does really well on bandits. I typically fish cold water so my box is full of RRs and rapalas… I need to add to my box obviously, but I very much prefer to drift unless it’s nearly flat calm.

Post Thanks / Like

Last year we were looking for bigger fish, so either last week of May or first week of June headed to east side of Pelee. Checked waters off Chickinole and Mill point and saw poor marks on sonar. So started headed east and saw an empty screen all the way to weather bouy. Weather bouy had no marks and no boats either. Looped south into american waters and found some marginal marks off Huron and tried fishing. Caught a few there but eventually picked up and went to west side of Pelee and caught rest of fish there. Long boat ride for sure.Not planning to do that again.