Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inline Boards

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Inline Boards

When putting out inline Boards does the deeper, longer lines go on the inside or the outside? I run braid and use sam's pro release on the front. Thank you for the help.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Inline Boards

Personally, I fish both ways. When targeting fish that are higher in the water column I run the shorter leads the farthest out to not spook the fish. When running all the lures deeper, I run the longest on the outside. I don't get many tangles either way. I release my boards and free spool a bit to let them fall straight back and then reel the board and fish in straight up the middle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DW72 View Post
    Personally, I fish both ways. When targeting fish that are higher in the water column I run the shorter leads the farthest out to not spook the fish. When running all the lures deeper, I run the longest on the outside. I don't get many tangles either way. I release my boards and free spool a bit to let them fall straight back and then reel the board and fish in straight up the middle.
    DITTO to DW72

Post Thanks / Like

BTW, this is for all flatlining or unassisted baits. If using snap weights, I think things change a little bit. Others can jump in but generally, I run the snap weight lines inside the unassisted lines. Once rods start going off I really don't worry about it too much. When I let the boards fall back after a bite and let the fish drag a little, I seem to be able to avoid tangling into my other lines.

Post Thanks / Like

When running snap weights the longer leads are to the outside? With a fish on they would come up in the water column, correct?

Post Thanks / Like

Ideally you would like the shallowest lures on the outside so not to spook fish but you better let that board back some so you don't tangle with a longer lead on an inside board.I still run my longest leads on the outside and immediately will put tension and begin reeling in a fish.I have been running a 2 oz weight with great results on the closest boards.Put out 20 then 2 oz weight and another 30 or 40 for a total of 50 or 60.

Post Thanks / Like

Long story short for me..I run the longest leads on the outside. This is the way when running big boards too. If you wanna run just a couple with weights, run them inside like Bob said. I release my boards off the front release with a quick rod snap after a bite and let them drift straight back quite a bit to ensure no crossover tangles. There is no slack on the fish doing so and I have almost never lost a fish doing so.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a little confused. I usually run my inline boards using both clips. Afraid of losing board and having to go back to find it. Is one clip good enough to not lose the board? Braid or mono? Seems to be that releasing the front clip is a good thing. Don't know.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jokim_99 View Post
    I'm a little confused. I usually run my inline boards using both clips. Afraid of losing board and having to go back to find it. Is one clip good enough to not lose the board? Braid or mono? Seems to be that releasing the front clip is a good thing. Don't know.
    Use the red clip with the tit on it or the Off Shore OR16 clips and loop your line around the clip in the rear so you won't loose the board.....unless the line breaks.
    Hooked on Fishin
    252 Sportcraft
    Yamaha 8hp Kicker

Post Thanks / Like

Mono holds much better in the offshore releases than braid.Braid is smaller and more slippery.The braid could hold in the black OR release but could wrap it on the other releases.We run 15# mono and use the orange OR19 in front arm and the red OR16 in the rear.We twist the line About 5-7 times and put the twist between the pads with loop facing forward and make sure you get the line behind the pin in the red OR release in the rear.When fish hits it pulls the line out of front release and can reel in board more easily.If fish doesn't pull out line you then jerk rob quickly to the side and the line comes off.If you don't get line behind pin board will float away .Immediately place icon to go back for it.Make sure write name and tel number on board too.