Quote Originally Posted by Goosechaser View Post
Hey Juls, nice to see your season is off to a good start. Can I ask why you changed your boards to release on the front.

I had tried it, while fun fishing with a friend, a couple of falls ago, just to test it out, but the line I was previously using (Sunline Supernatural 20#), broke while trying to release the front clip. I didn't use that technique with customers last year, because...well, I didn't want to have to chase boards down, and I wasn't confident with it.

Then, after going fishing with Sam and another Captain, earlier this season, I was talking to Sam about what line he was using on his board rods, and he told me the Big Game 20# test. So, I changed out my line, and tried it again....I didn't have any issues.

I tried it with customers, and it works so much better than leaving the board attached to the line, since when it breaks away from the front release, and it flips around to come in by the back release, it centers up behind the boat, so you can get it in easier, with less tangles. It also allows the board to go under the water without any resistance.

My long time customers have really liked the change, and so do I. Sometimes, I'm slow to learn, but I do learn.