Anybody help a weekender? Anybody help a weekender? Anybody help a weekender? Anybody help a weekender?
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Anybody help a weekender?

We fished Thursday August 1st with John around the weather bouy.Got our 12/25lbs but took 6hrs.Started north of old C can, where we caught our 18/38 lbs the week before, but only caught 1 keeper on Thursday.So picked up gear and headed east checking for marks along the way.Set up at the bouy with 4 dipseys with 2 willow blade worm harness and 2 spoon harness.Was trolling between 2.5-2.7 and caught a few keepers but also our share of white bass.Headed east hoping to get out of the white bass in deeper water but also found no more walleye.Picked up and rode back to the bouy again.Had only 7 fish then.Told John about Gobucks8100 post about going slower with Colorado blades.Had nothing to lose so put a couple Colorado blades on our harness and slowed down to 2.0 mph.Was thinking going to catch junk and sure enough hooked a huge sheepshead that must have took 5 min to get in.Chuckled when John tried to lift the net and it didn't budge.Caught 2 more junk fish and had decided to switch back to the Willow blades when another rod fired.John grabbed it and had another heavy fish.Said probably another big sheep...nope it was a 26" walleye.Then rod on other side fired and had another keeper eye.Another 30 min and we had our 12 fish.So thanks GoBucks for the tip.Helped us finish the day on a high note.

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning. Yesterday morning (8/3), me and the the wife went out and fished East of the dumping grounds north of Cedar Point. We trolled stinger spoons behind jets, 36 to 42 feet of water. I also took GoBucks advice and slowed down between 1.9 to 2.1/2.2 on the gps. we didn't get out on the water until 8 am had caught 9 walleye 7 nice keepers by 10am. ran the lines back between 90 to 150. the deeper the better so we ended up at 135 back to 150 back ... At 10 ish my wife said "im getting tired an need a nap" hahaha. So we finished at about 10:30 and as I was reeling in the rods, the last one hit before I got to it so I picked up another keeper. Ended the morning with 8 nice keepers.. Hope this helps the group...

Post Thanks / Like

3 man limit both Saturday & Sunday…few miles due East of the KI airport in 42 FOW. Speed 2.4-2.6. N ->S trolling direction. spoons & spoon harnesses targeting 30-34ft depth did the trick Saturday & rapala jointed minnows J7s behind dipsys did the trick on Sunday. Saw a bug species I’ve never seen before—greenish yellow lady bugs everywhere.

Post Thanks / Like

People still doing well for perch around the cans? Coming up tomorrow with my 5 year old nephew and he wants to chase perch.

Post Thanks / Like

We are headed back up for the weekend also. I heard G and H cans for perch. Anybody get any live minnows in yet?

Where are the walleye?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm heading up next saturday as well. Right now thinking of Huron, Vermillion, or Lorain to launch from in search of walleye. Thought about trailering back to the cans for an evening perch fish... not too sure about that just yet.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be up for the weekend also. Going up around the cans for perch and then going to troll spoons behind dipsys and pick away at the eater 'eyes

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Hooker had goldies yesterday morning - 8/21.
    We were looking for walleye around West Sister. Possibly marked a few but caught none. Found it to be untrollable due to all the floating grass. Just constantly fouled up the inline planers. Couldn't avoid it. Ended up doing a lot of casting crawler harnesses and perching with the goldies all around the island and then south to the west of A can and southwest of A. There were about 10 boats perching around A can but we weren't close enough to see how they were doing. They were there a long time so presumably were having some success. We ended up with 2 perch, 1 cat and 6 tasty drum. Two drum came as a double on the perch spreader.
    If anyone has advice on how to troll this time of year when there are floating weeds all over, please share!

Post Thanks / Like

The further east or north you go,away from shallow water where grass grows, the less grass you have.If you use inline boards the grass will accumulate on the board and usually not run down the line.If using dipseys,you can clip a release on the line a foot or two below water line to catch grass too

Post Thanks / Like

Hi way bait has live Goldie's and frozen shiners today.