Quote Originally Posted by jeepdude64 View Post
If you getting slide divers I would suggest setting them up like this. Put a piece of 50lb mono on the end just like in the picture (the bead was switched to protect the knot. then just attached the leader to the back and use a large snap for the front. I wasn't a fan of trying to use it as a slide but it is awesome like this. It will detect the lightest bite which is great when small fish and debris are around.
Need guidance-slidediver-jpg
this is actually how I run mine but I use 65# braid tied to an O-RING but I think the bead is a great idea. we also use snubbers for using braid as our main line. I attach the snubber with swivels at both ends. attach the snubber to the line from the diver then attach my 7' seaguar premier 15# fluro leader than just attach the lure. I use a swivel on both ends of my leader to prevent twists in the leader.

just good advice for running divers. I fill my reels part way with 16# ande mono line leaving enough room to put 100 yards of 30# braid on top. this saves a lot of money on buying braid line to fill the reel. plus you never want to start braid to a reel unless it's made for braid or has a post to tie it to because the braid line is slick and will slip on the spool, which I found out the hard way. another important thing is not to let the diver too fast as the leader will get around the diver and screw everything up. I use the clicker on my reel set just loose enough that the line goes out to slow things down. the clicker usually is enough to prevent tangles on the leader. for divers braid, and using the clicker is a must.