I want to first apologize to all for not being very engaged in my fishing community this winter. We have had a long tough winter that started in November. My wonderful supportive wife was diagnosed with cancer and we have been in and out of the hospital and to many appointments to get things straightened out so I have been busy showing her the support she shows me. She had surgery on Monday to get rid of this terrible illness and I am happy to say it went well and it appears that she is clear now and on the road to recovery. It was a tough few months for me I even had a bout with shingles over christmas triggered by stress I would assume. If you haven’t had shingles you don’t want them…. I really needed some good news and my taxidermist called and said my mount from last season was ready to pick up. Here is a pic of the recent buck with a few others I have harvested over the years. All in the big woods no bait just scouting and hunting where I thought big bucks would be. This is my kind of hunting. I am really looking forward to the fishing season I have a big load of trips booked and can’t wait to get back on the lake I’m hoping to get out early March but for sure by March 10th. I want to give a big shout out to my Corrigan Oil winter work family for working with me and allowing me to do what I needed over the winter without even a question. It makes life a lot easier when people have compassion and they showed that they do. Maybe some day I can get back to chasing those LEWT wall plaques too. Tight lines to all and see you on the water soon.
ps. I built that fireplace myself….
Update-802c5d95-42ba-4e0f-9a3c-2f8fd09cf02d-jpg