Quote Originally Posted by Capt Juls View Post
No worries...I wasn't offended. I know what you mean....a couple captain friends and I, hired another captain friend for a day in a new area, and he didn't even let US set lines, even though we fish the same way. lol

I have heard of the lite bite slide divers, but never saw one, or used them before.

I also agree that no one knows it all...though, I've met a few that think they do.
Slide divers are really nice for walleye in that they have 2 trip points one for the pole to trip the diver and the other for the fish to trip it. So you can adjust for small fish and if the fish side trips the other also trips. I have found they are not as easy to set as the dipsy divers. That being said I found a setup that works really well you use a piece of 50Lb mono on the slide diver to make it more like a dipsy diver in that you just put a leader on the back and your snap from the pole connects. I use a leader that I connect to the swivel on the back and I use a large snap on my pole side to connect to the arm. I have had a small walleye trip the slide diver that I would of never even known it was on a dipsy. I am a fan of slide divers that's for sure on my 3rd year and still very happy.
Precision Trolling-slidediver-jpg