Hey Lynn,

I haven't posted pics yet. I did see some nice instruction from my favorite captain (Juls), just haven't done it yet - shame on me. me,

As for tattle flags, we don't use them. They just weren't that effective for us. The wire will bend over time with hard dragging cranks and like you point out, you have to have a back clip. They are just one more thing to fail. I know good captains swear by them, but as you can see from my posts we march to our own drummer. When you get used to watching the boards marching in a row like ducklings - it is easy to see one move out of line. But we also check our boards regularly - even tattles won't always show small swim a longs or grass.

If you switch to OR39 type releases, I bet it will solve your release issues. Just loosen the tightening screw to the point were waves wont cause releases - when adjusted a little pop of the line will release the board. The mistake many make is to use a long sweeping jerk, like you are setting a hook on a jig. That won't work - it is more of a short snap that works best.

I will try to get you a pic of a board. No promises. lol.