Best In line planer boards that release easily, fall back, and don't dive. Best In line planer boards that release easily, fall back, and don't dive. Best In line planer boards that release easily, fall back, and don't dive. Best In line planer boards that release easily, fall back, and don't dive.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Best In line planer boards that release easily, fall back, and don't dive.

I started using the Sams pro releases on my off shore boards last Fall and they work much better than the other clips I’ve tried. I bolt mine to the board arm never tried the split ring that some others use. I use braid so sams is the only thing I’ve found that works if you want to release the board.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Best In line planer boards that release easily, fall back, and don't dive.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrl123 View Post
    I started using the Sams pro releases on my off shore boards last Fall and they work much better than the other clips I’ve tried. I bolt mine to the board arm never tried the split ring that some others use. I use braid so sams is the only thing I’ve found that works if you want to release the board.
    I bought a version of those from Amish Outfitters two weeks ago at the Novi show. I am going to give them a shot this year and see how I like them. I hear that for braid, they are by-far the best way to go.
    https://slimshadycustoms.com/ Slimshady Customs - Custom Painted Crankbaits & Blanks. (Bandit Style Deep-Divers and other various crankbaits)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mrl123 View Post
    I have tried the Sam's pro releases on braid. I could not get a constant release from them to continue using them. Never figured out why.
    Last edited by island troller; 01-26-2023 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Spelling

Post Thanks / Like

when using the sams you must leave some slack in line between back clip and the front release so the sams releases like you do when using tattle tag flags so they go down