Sad State of Perch Fishing on Lake Erie Sad State of Perch Fishing on Lake Erie Sad State of Perch Fishing on Lake Erie Sad State of Perch Fishing on Lake Erie
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sad State of Perch Fishing on Lake Erie

Great story. I perch fished 3 days in a row. Started Sunday could not find fish from lakeside to Marblehead. Boated around both packs for an hour looking for marks and watching to see anyone was catching. It was a boring scene but a beautiful day. Didn't even fish saved my emeralds for Monday. Fished west of the green Buoy at Catawba ramp. Found some small and spotty marks in 23 fow got tired of looking so me and the misses baited our poles and caught 6 pounds of perch worth keeping and thru back at least 15 dinks biggest being 10". Tuesday went halfway to G can and caught 10 pounds and thru back a bunch 6" and smaller. Marblehead fish cleaning was busy Tuesday and a couple guys limited out NW of Kelly's. I'm still learning but I seem to always be a day late and a dollar short when it comes to getting a limit of anything but I will die trying.
    Last edited by badboards; 10-26-2022 at 04:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sad State of Perch Fishing on Lake Erie

Fished today 10/29/2022 off of northwest corner of Kellys in 37 fow, got a 60 limit of nice sized yellow perch, had a few throwbacks but most were 8 inches or better! Fished last week directly off of Marblehead lighthouse in very close 30 to 31 fow, only got 44 but they were all nice sized jumbos except for a half dozen 8 inchers. Went there a few days later and didn't get a single perch they just weren't there anymore, tried at the Catawba Island Green bouy the same day didn't pick up a single perch, there just not there except for a ton of throwbacks if you can even find those! Looks like Kelly's is now the hotspot for perch!