FYI - Have a buddy hunting Magee Marsh this morning (I couldn't go) so I decided to check the local Lake web cams. Holly Toledo! I watched the Catawba web cam from 7:50am to about 8am, only because the flights of Cormorants flying north to south, just off the water, nearly never stopped. It was nearly a solid line of flights. I'd estimate the number at around 20,000. No joke. Then I switched to the Port Clinton camera. Same thing, long line of Cormorant flights going west along the shoreline, although it only lasted about 15 seconds. I only watched for about 30 seconds. This is probably the largest number of Cormorants I've ever seen on the Lake, and I saw the huge flocks back in the late 1980's early 1990's before the Feds did the first big cull. It's possible a lot of these are migrants from up north.

Wind forecast doesn't look good the rest of the week. Unless it moves up 6-8 hours from the present forecast, the only day to get out will probably be Sunday or maybe Saturday early evening. At least Saturday and Sunday the direction is forecast from the SE or S.