Looking to come down!! Runnig out of time. Looking to come down!! Runnig out of time. Looking to come down!! Runnig out of time. Looking to come down!! Runnig out of time.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    foremanben Guest

Default Looking to come down!! Runnig out of time.

Looking for anyone that can help me out with some honest advice on lake conditions for the western basin. I have tried to call several bait shops and charters and have been told everything from "come down now" too "wait a week". I will be driving from Milwaukee WI with boat ( 8+ hrs) and looking to stay for up to 5 days next week. I am looking to fish some of the reefs and get in on some of the hair jig bite, but I am also set up for any kind of trolling. I just need to know if the water is clearing up or clear enough or need a couple days, anything. This is a big trip for me and I just want to try to make a good decision or wait till next year, if it is just a off year for the weather. Have already passed up on two weeks, looks like weather has been bad, next week is my last chance.

Would be willing to give you years worth of advice if you or any one you know wanted to fish out of Milwaukee for trout/salmson.

Thanks, Ben

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up weather

go lake erie walleye .com then go to lake condition it will be noaa weather then go to weather radio the you can choose what part you went to hear for

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Next Week Weather

Weather for next week is forcasted to be in the 60's all week. That should mean west winds of some type. The weather has been hell here this spring. Its gods way of protecting the fish. I think you will fair good next week. Maybe a day or 2 of strong winds but you can go over to the leeward side of islands and get into perch and smallies. I say Bring it

Post Thanks / Like

If I was given 1 week to fish out of the entire year, it would be the last week of May. The water is a steady 62 degrees or so and the fish are starting to suspend and forage aggressively. We are on the back half of the Jig bite. I think it will be dried up in 10 days or so. If you are set up to troll, you can't go wrong. If you go later, you won't get jiggy with it. I am going hit it very hard May 6-7 then May 15-18 then May 26-27 then June 3-4 and then the whole week of June 7-14. If you are off Memorial day, that is a perfect 3 day weekend. Plenty of fish near reefs and some real sows lurking in the depths. You should land a hand full of 30+ inchers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default fishing report

I wouldnt say next week will be the best week of year but weather looks ok cant get wind report that far out, but temps look stable so far. Spring has been rough on us this year. Most people still manage to get fish though. We have done fare. Make sure to bring a drift sok or buy one when you get here!
    Also if you are looking for a place to stay we rent a camper in wild wings to out of town fisherman. You will be 3 min from your boat, restaraunt,lounge ,and local tackle shops.
    Captain Dave