Question on Downriggers and Bandits aprox. 1.2 to1.5 mph Question on Downriggers and Bandits aprox. 1.2 to1.5 mph Question on Downriggers and Bandits aprox. 1.2 to1.5 mph Question on Downriggers and Bandits aprox. 1.2 to1.5 mph
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Question on Downriggers and Bandits aprox. 1.2 to1.5 mph

I never attach a crank bait directly to the connon ball. Instead, I use a stacker release and attach my crank above the ball. This allows you to run a longer lead if desired. Just use a trolling app for you distance back to depth ratio above the ball for your stacker. You mentioned fishing for fish on the bottom. Keep this in mind that walleye tend to feed UP. That is why I always keep the ball a foot or two off bottom. If the fish are really biting, I take a six foot leader and attach it directly to the cannon ball and run a spoon. Just remember this constitutes another two rods.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Question on Downriggers and Bandits aprox. 1.2 to1.5 mph

fish hawk ty I do understand what your saying I do have the rods to run 6 a side!! but will have to invest in my stackers...lol but between boards weights and length of bandits trolled behind usally don't have much trouble.... Just wanted to try on slow days.. that saying I know a capt. that besides running 4boards a side also runs downriggers with snubbers attached to ball and just checks it periodalicy for fish... lol i just wanted to run a pole on that concept instead of bringing up ball to check for fish.../.just saying