Trolling vs. drifting - why? Trolling vs. drifting - why? Trolling vs. drifting - why? Trolling vs. drifting - why?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Trolling vs. drifting - why?

Great question West Basin I love the comments so far, and I think I will add a thoughts on this.

As some of you have read my recent this Old Boat thread I have made the investment into trolling gear in fact while reeding this post I just filled a new tackle box with about 2 dozen bandits and still have a few to be delivered next week 'Amazon'
    I have also purchased new rods and line counter reels , offshore planer boards right and left , new line to fill the reels , correct snap swivels to tie on the correct line, down loaded the precision trolling app to keep the lure running at the correct depth, a panther adjustable trolling motor bracket , and trolling motor and controls to operate it , I have been considering a new gps and fish finders, that will autopilot the new trolling motor, looked at tree style rod holders so I can put more lines out , which will require I buy a few more rods and reels .

I could go on but I believe the point is made .Trolling has caught on because it requires we buy more stuff some one told me recently " ITSBOB " fishing lures don't catch fish they catch fishermen . so now I am caught but I have been caught a long time because I love to fish I enjoyed looking for the gear and filling the reels with the new line and hopefully this spring will get to try it all out .

That being said I am first a caster and drifter and can't wait to get this old boat off the trailer and do some Jigging , bottom bouncing , throwing weight forward spinners, and dragging worm harnesses , but now when needed there is another option to fill the cooler .

That reminds me I need to order some purple hair jigs.
    Last edited by MBLMIKE; 03-13-2022 at 03:39 PM.